I was convinced to re-think my stance on my initial review of JaJah.com – on online / offline voice over IP telephony provider. So after much time, quite a few phone calls, and even some emails to JaJah support – I have come to the conclusion that I am now going to revise my original review to a new status.
I can now only strongly recommend that this service is not something you should even try.
To briefly sum things up – after Frederik Hermann’s email I tried the service again. It went offline for a long period of time without any sort of notice on the site. I then sent several emails to the support team – and have yet to have a response (not even an automatic one), and I have even sent emails to Mr Hermann directly. To make it clear – my problems with JaJah are as follows :
- Customer Service
- Support does not answer questions
- There is no real "self support" on the site
- Call Quality
- Between Australia and Japan it is exceptionally poor
- There are no error messages in the web interface when the site is down and you can not place a call
- Recorded messages when placing a call are not in English (and no interface to select what language you want).
- The "mini" interface didn’t work with any of the cell phones I tried (I am on contract to one of the worlds largest cell phone companies – I tried a lot).
- For non computer literate people (the apparent target of JaJah.com) the many problems and inconsistencies with the site would just be too much
It is really disappointing to me because the concept here is awesome, but the execution is just so incredibly poor – I fear that if people try this – and get turned off the idea – they will be reticent to go back and try it again – even if it is another company.